Hey, you! Today we’ve made a helpful guide sorted out just for you.
We’ve created this (hopefully) helpful and easy-to-use guide to “Creating a Google Account” in order to help all those kids and parents at home be able to TEACH their grandparents or neighbors how to create their own gmail accounts. This is also the guide that we use during our tutoring sessions. Enjoy!
Important Note: This is a guide to creating a Google Account, meaning you will be asked during the process to either create a new email with Google, AKA a gmail account, or use a pre-existing email already set up with another email provider, like Yahoo Email or Aol Mail. Both options are totally viable, but if you don’t already have an email, then we definitely recommend creating a gmail account.
Now that we’ve taken care of that, on with the guide!
- Navigate to Google’s Sign Up Page! You can just follow our link and the page will pop up in a new tab.
- [Skip if you want a new google email address] Where it says to “Choose your username“, click the link beneath the box entitled “I prefer to use my current email address“. Then type that email address in instead.
- Fill in all of the applicable blanks, and then click the blue “Next Step” button.
- Once you’ve agreed, you will be moved to the Create Profile Page. Here, you will choose whether or not to have a profile picture for your account.
- If you don’t want a picture, click Next Step, and your Google Account will be finished setting up!
- If you do want a picture, click on Add Profile Photo and find the perfect photo to add. Then click on Next Step again.
You will now have set up your account. You can go straight to your inbox and get started, or you can set up a photo to show as your profile picture.Click on Add a photo to upload a photo and select a photo.
Or click on Next Step to go to your inbox and get started.