Skype is an extremely helpful application that easily connects people from all corners of the world. I enjoy using Skype to communicate, both through text and video chat, with friends in other countries where it costs money to internationally text.
If you want to video chat with out-of-the country family and friends, or just hold a group study session, then Skype is the perfect thing for you. Have fun!
Once Skype has downloaded, you can find it in your Downloads folder. Open the .dmg file!
Drag the Skype icon into your Applications folder as prompted, and Skype will have automatically been installed onto your computer. Woo hoo!
Getting Started With Skype:
Double click on the blue Skype icon in your applications folder to open Skype!
Then you will either Sign In to your existing Skype account, or Create a New Account.
To Create a New Account, you will need:
- Your Name
- An email address you have access to
- Your Country/Region
- Your language
Once you have finished setting up your account, you’re ready to go – have fun!
Hey, you! Today we’ve made a helpful guide sorted out just for you.
We’ve created this (hopefully) helpful and easy-to-use guide to “Creating a Google Account” in order to help all those kids and parents at home be able to TEACH their grandparents or neighbors how to create their own gmail accounts. This is also the guide that we use during our tutoring sessions. Enjoy!
Important Note: This is a guide to creating a Google Account, meaning you will be asked during the process to either create a new email with Google, AKA a gmail account, or use a pre-existing email already set up with another email provider, like Yahoo Email or Aol Mail. Both options are totally viable, but if you don’t already have an email, then we definitely recommend creating a gmail account.
Now that we’ve taken care of that, on with the guide!
- [Skip if you want a new google email address] Where it says to “Choose your username“, click the link beneath the box entitled “I prefer to use my current email address“. Then type that email address in instead.
- Fill in all of the applicable blanks, and then click the blue “Next Step” button.
- Once you’ve agreed, you will be moved to the Create Profile Page. Here, you will choose whether or not to have a profile picture for your account.
- If you don’t want a picture, click Next Step, and your Google Account will be finished setting up!
- If you do want a picture, click on Add Profile Photo and find the perfect photo to add. Then click on Next Step again.
You will now have set up your account. You can go straight to your inbox and get started, or you can set up a photo to show as your profile picture.
Click on Add a photo to upload a photo and select a photo.
Those are all of our steps to setting up a Google Account!